COVID-19 Update: Effective 06/08/2020
As the Department of Sustainable Development begins to reopen our offices, our main goal is to continue to mitigate any potential spread of COVID-19. To maintain this goal, our offices will be open to the public by appointment only. Please use this link to schedule an appointment: https://form.jotform.com/201534969685166
Please call 352-334-5023 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff person will respond ASAP to schedule an inspection or assist you with applying for a permit online.
Our department's mission is to foster a dynamic, attractive and economically healthy city that is safe, diverse and livable for all. The Planning Division works to: Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Encourage development that incorporates quality urban design and protection of historic and natural resources
- Foster community dialogue and understanding of planning issues
- Ensure that development standards of the community are met with each development
- Collaborate with other agencies on planning issues
Have a question?