We are happy to offer a variety of camps throughout the summer months!
Recreation Summer Camps
Camp Dates and Times: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Four, two-week sessions: Monday, June 6 through Friday, July, 29, 2022;
there will no camp on Monday, June 20 and Monday, July 4 in observance of Juneteenth and Independence Day holidays.
- Session 1: Monday, June 6 through Friday, June 17
- Session 2: Monday, June 20 through Friday, July 1, *No camp on Monday, June 20
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 5 through Friday, 15 *No camp on Monday, July 4
- Session 4: Monday, July 18 through Friday, July 29
Registration fee per session: $116 per child for city residents; $194.50 per child for non-city residents *Proof of residency (GRU bill or voter ID card) is required at time of registration.
Please choose your camp below for specific information and registration dates.
Scholarship Information: We have a scholarship that is available for families that qualify through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. Families may also qualify through the City of Gainesville Family Application for Reduced Fees. Proof of the past four weeks of income will need to be submitted with the application at the time of registration. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch through your child’s school by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at 352-955-7539, extension 1569. If eligible, you will receive a 50% discount.
How to register:
- Online: see the registration button for each of the camps, see below.
- In-person at the PRCA Administrative Office located at Thomas Center Building B, 3rd Floor, 306 NE Sixth Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601; Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (see registration dates below)
Summer Camp 2021 Parent Handbook
2022 GAP Scholarship Application Form
2022 Household Registration Form
Participant Information Form
Summer Camp Registration Info
Registration dates opens as follows:
- City residents only beginning Friday, April 1, 2022
- Resident and non-city resident beginning Friday, April 15, 2022
For questions or additional information, please call 352-393-8525 or email email@example.com
Please note: When scholarships are granted, a child must attend the program on a full-time basis. Full-time equates to three times a week. The scholarship will be revoked if a child misses one of the following:
- Five consecutive days or
- Two weeks without attending three days per week
The child may remain a registered participant by paying the full camp rate for the remainder of the desired session within two days of the decision. If the parent/guardian does not make this payment, the child will be withdrawn from camp. For additional information, please contact our Administrative Office by email or call us at 352-334-5067. Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
CDC screenings: All participants will be asked COVID-19 related health screening questions and partake in a thermal temperature scan as a requirement of the daily drop-off process. Face masks are required. Participants with a temperature above 100.4 or any other signs or symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend the program, activity or event sponsored by the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department.