We love our volunteers and want to see you stay healthy! When conducting litter cleanup events, each member of the Adopt-A-Street group should remember to:
1. Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Practice social distancing by placing at least 6 feet between yourself and other people.
4. Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
5. Wear plastic gloves throughout the litter cleanup event.
For information about COVID-19, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Florida Department of Health.
Gainesville's Adopt-A-Street Program
The City of Gainesville voluntary Adopt-A-Street Program was formed to help address the problem of roadside litter in our city. Any company, organization, group or citizen in Gainesville can apply to adopt up to a two-mile section of a city street. Each group must commit to remove litter at least six times each year, remain in the program for at least two years, and a representative of the group must attend a safety briefing.
The city has clean-up kits for loan consisting of safety vests, plastic bags, gloves, first aid kit, and litter sticks for the purpose of litter removal. After your first clean-up, a sign with the name of each Adopt-A-Street group or individual will be posted at both ends of the adopted street section.
Adopt-A-Street Report Form
If you would like to adopt a City street, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 352-334-2330 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in a short term community service project, please contact Keep Alachua County Beautiful at 352-371-9444 or visit www.KACB.org.
Adopt-A-Street GIS Map
Streets available for adoption are marked with a thick, red line.
Click on map to open application