Foundations After-School Academy
Dates: Monday, August 22, 2016 – Friday, June 2, 2017
Fun-filled, educational program for children, who are in 1st–8th grade.
New this year! Foundations Academy for 1st–8th Grade will be offered at the following locations:
- Albert “Ray” Massey Recreation Center, 1001 NW 34th Street, 352-334-2186
- Clarence R. Kelly Community Center, 1701 NE 8th Avenue, 352-334-2185
- Eastside Community Center, 2841 East University Avenue, 352-334-2714
- Porters Community Center, 512 SW 2nd Avenue, 352-334-3366
Thank you for choosing Foundations Academy for your child's after-school enrichment program. A foundation is an underlying basis, principle or groundwork for something. At Foundations Academy, our staff strives to lay the groundwork for success by creating an atmosphere where students, parents, staff and community members work together to create and inspirational and safe place for students to learn and grow.
Transportation is not provided for this program.
Monday through Friday, 2 pm to 6 pm.
Current Weekly Fees: City Residents*: $17.50: Non-City Residents: $26.25. *Proof of residency (GRU Bill or Voter ID card) is required at the time of registration. Price effective Oct. 1, 2015.
Please note: there is no after-school program on city-recognized holidays.
Full scholarships are available for families that qualify through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. Families can also qualify through the City of Gainesville Family Application for Reduced Fees. Here are the links for the Application and the Florida Income Eligibility Guidelines. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch through your child’s school by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at (352) 955-7539.
For additional information, please contact our Administrative Office by email , in person: 306 NE 6th Avenue, Thomas Center Bldg B, 3rd Floor. Hours: Monday–Thursday, 7:00 am–6:00 pm or call us at 352-334-5067.
Foundations Academy will not provide programming the following City Holidays. You will need to make alternate arrangements for childcare:
- Labor Day: Monday, September 5, 2016
- Veterans’ Day: Friday, November 11, 2016
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Day after Thanksgiving: Friday, November 25, 2016
- Additional Holiday: Friday, December 23, 2016
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 26, 2016
- New Year’s Day: Monday, January 2, 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday Monday, January 16, 2017
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Labor Day: Monday, September 4, 2017
or Download Registration Form
Foundations Academy will not provide regular programming the following dates but select one of the following options:
OUT OF SCHOOL DAYS: The Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department offers all day activities for days the schools are closed.
- Friday, October 14, 2016, UF Homecoming
- Friday, October 21, 2016, Pupil Holiday/ Teacher Workday Cancelled
- Monday, November 21– Wednesday, November 23, 2016, Pupil Teacher/Holidays
- Monday, January 2, 2017, Pupil Holiday/Teacher Workday Cancelled
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, Pupil Holiday/Teacher Workday
- Monday, February 20, 2017, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, March 31, 2017, Pupil Holiday/ Teacher Workday Cancelled
Fees per day:
$5.75* for Residents, $8.75 for Non-City Residents. *Proof of residency required (GRU bill or voter registration).
The Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department offers themed camps based on school breaks throughout the year. Winter Break and Spring Break Camp prices are $50* Residents, $74.75 Non-City Residents. *Proof of residency required (GRU bill or voter registration).
- Winter Break: December 19–22 and 27–30, 2016
- Spring Break: March 20–24, 2017
You must register for Out of School Days and Camps as separate program as they differ from the Foundations Academy after-school program, occur at limited locations and accommodate a different capacity of children. Fees apply.