Start Smart Sports Development Program was developed by top motor skill development specialists in the field of youth sports. Parent-child groups perform motor skill tasks that gradually build confidence in children while they are having fun at the same time.
Start Smart participants will develop proper motor skills without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt that will allow them to enjoy and succeed in their youth sports future!
Start Smart Baseball is a developmentally appropriate introductory sport specific program that prepares children and their parents for organized sports in a fun non-threatening environment. This program takes place indoor. Parent participation is required.
Start Smart Baseball will help parents of preschoolers 3-5 years old objectively measure their child’s abilities. As the program progresses and children show improvement, the skills and exercises are altered so that each child remains challenged while using age appropriate equipment. They will learn concepts and skills including: sport specific baseball skills, preparation for organized sports, building self-esteem and confidence, and social skills.
- Mondays in March, April & May!
March 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26 and May 3
from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Martin Luther King Jr Multipurpose Center, 1028 NE 14 Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
- Registration Fees (includes bat & ball, t-shirt and medal)
$45 per child (resident), *Proof of residency required
$67.50 per child (non-resident)
For more information contact: 352-334-5067, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Safety Precautions and Expectations for Families
- All staff and participants are required to complete a health screening including a temperature scan prior to entering the program area for each session.
- Participants with a temperature above 100.4 or any other signs or symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend the program.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Masks will be provided for and will be required to be worn during the program for all staff.
- Masks will be available for and will be required to be worn during the program for all participants (including parents/guardians).
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Staff will sanitize surfaces, equipment and high touch areas after each session.