Tribute Bench Ceremony at Roper Park Recognizes Lions Club Members
The City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department (PRCA) is co-sponsoring a ceremony, in conjunction with the Gainesville University City Lions Club and the Gainesville Arts & Parks Foundation, Inc. (GAP), to honor lifetime Lions Club members and the contributions they have made over the years. The ceremony takes place Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 1:30 p.m. at Roper Park, located at 401 NE Second St. At the event, a tribute bench will be dedicated to honor past and current members of the Gainesville University City Lions Club since 1961.
PRCA Director Steve Phillips states, “This is a win-win partnership for the city. The Lions Club has donated $1,000 to the GAP Foundation, the 501(c)(3) non-profit whose vision for Gainesville is a world class arts and parks community! The Gainesville University City Lions Club has memorialized their past and present members, recognizing their contributions to the City of Gainesville. Our park users will enjoy sitting in the shade watching their family play at Roper Park.”
Robin Keirnan, president of the Gainesville University City Lions Club, states, “We as Lions are celebrating our centennial year. It was in 1917 Lions Clubs was started, and, through the years, we have been privileged and honored to serve our community with many projects and services. As for Gainesville University City Lions Club, we were chartered in 1961 and in these 56 great years, we have supported and have been supported by this great community. In addition, we will continue to support it for many years more.”
President of the GAP Foundation Augi Lye shared, “The foundation is honored to be involved and in partnership with the Gainesville University City Lions Club and the city. We are actively seeking relationships with service clubs and individuals who share our vision.”
For more information, contact Michelle Park, CPRP, assistant director for Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, 352-393-8364 or email@example.com