2020 City Satisfaction Survey Results Now Available
In May, the City of Gainesville in partnership with market research firm ETC Institute launched a city satisfaction survey to gather insight about perceptions of city service quality and to learn more about our community’s priorities and concerns. ETC is a national leader in market research for local government organizations and has surveyed more than 200 people in 900 communities in 49 states since 2010.
The survey was mailed to 7,000 randomly selected neighbors across the four commission districts. A total of 1,042 responses were received, with a minimum of 250 responses per commission district. On Thursday, ETC Institute presented its findings to the commission.
Residents Have a Positive Perception of the City
- 83% rated Gainesville as an excellent or good place to live; only 8% gave a rating of below average or poor
- 79% rated Gainesville as an excellent or good place to raise children; only 8% gave a rating of below average or poor
Satisfaction with City Services is Higher in Gainesville Than Other Communities
- Gainesville rated higher than the U.S. Average in 30 of 45 areas
- Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of City Services rated 20% above the U.S. Average
Top Community Priorities Over the Next Two Years:
- Traffic Flow on Major Streets
- Overall Cost of Living
- Employment Opportunities
The study results will be used as a benchmark for future surveys. Survey data will also be used to help enhance organizational performance and set priorities.
View the Report