Hurricane Michael Update - Oct. 10, 2018 at 4PM
As it is available, new information will be posted here in order to keep Gainesville residents, visitors and families up to date. Impact to the Gainesville and Alachua County area is expected to be minimal, and the city’s emergency management team will continue to monitor the storm.
A tornado watch has been issued for Alachua County and remains in effect until Thursday, Oct. 11 at 2 a.m. No hurricane warnings or watches are expected for Alachua County. The current forecast is for winds of 20-25 MPH Wednesday, Oct. 10, with gusts up to 45 MPH. The area is expected to receive approximately 1.5-2 inches of rainfall from the storm. Register on alertGNV.org for timely emergency notifications.
- City and county offices are open regular hours.
- Alachua County schools and the University of Florida are open regular hours.
- Santa Fe College is closing Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Trash collection and RTS bus service both continue on their regular schedules.
Power outages: 352-334-2871
- Natural gas emergencies: 352-334-2550
- GPD non-emergencies: 352-955-1818
- For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
- Non-emergency issues may be reported via 311GNV online at www.311GNV.org. (iPhone and Android apps are also available)
On social media, follow these local resources for storm information: