Recycling benefits us and the environment in numerous ways. Recycling conserves natural resources, lowers Greenhouse Gas emissions, reduces the need for new landfills, saves energy, reduces air and water pollution, and helps to create jobs domestically. Make a difference by actively and correctly participating in the City of Gainesville’s Curbside Recycling Program.
Collection Guidelines for Recycling
- > Set recycling bins out by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day (same day as your trash collection day). Remove your recycle bins from the curb between collection days (removed by 9 p.m. the day collection has occurred).
- > Only place accepted materials for recycling in your recycle bins.
Find Out What Can Be Recycled
- > Place recycle bins at least 4 feet on each side from trash carts, yard waste, or other obstacles.
- > Help prevent litter and keep papers dry by setting your blue bin on top of your orange bin.
- > Never put your recyclables in plastic bags.
- > Contact the City before moving and leave the recycle bins behind for use by the new residents.
- > To request replacement recycle bins or request additional recycle bins, call 352-334-2330 or submit a request online.
Request Recycle Bins