Do-It Yourself Waste Check-Up
Check off the listed RECYCLING or WASTE REDUCTION methods performed at your workplace. Then total all your check marks and see if you are an "Environmental Angel."
WE RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Mixed office paper (copy paper, computer printouts, letterhead, envelopes, file folders, etc.)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Newspaper and magazines
- Aluminum/Steel Cans
- Glass bottles & jars
- Plastic bottles, jugs, jars & tubs
- Other metal items
- Laser and toner cartridges
- Batteries (rechargeable or car)
- Fluorescent lamps
- Scrap wood
- Rubber (tires)
- Oil (motor oil)
- Food scraps
- Yard trimmings
WE REUSE/REDUCE WASTE BY:
- Making double-sided copies.
- Reusing envelopes, file folders, binders and other office supplies.
- Using unwanted or used paper to make scratch/note pads.
- Circulating memos, documents, and reports rather than making new copies.
- Saving documents on hard drives or disks instead or making paper copies.
- Ordering merchandise in bulk to reduce packaging waste.
- Working with suppliers to minimize the packaging used to ship their products.
- Minimizing the packaging used in our products.
- Repairing and reusing shipping pallets or returning them to supplier.
- Encouraging employees to use reusable mugs or glasses.
- Purchasing concentrated cleaning supplies.
- Using refillable pens, pencils, and/or tape dispensers.
WE CLOSE THE LOOP BY:
- Buying recycled content office supplies.
HOW GREEN CAN YOU GO?
|15 or more
||"On Your Way"
E-mail us for more information!
Last Update: 10/26/16