The City of Gainesville voluntary Adopt-A-Street Program was formed to help address the problem of roadside litter in our city. Any company, organization, group or citizen in Gainesville can apply to adopt up to a two-mile section of a city street. Each group must commit to remove litter at least six times each year, remain in the program for at least two years, and a representative of the group must attend a safety briefing.
The City has clean-up kits for loan consisting of safety vests, plastic bags, gloves, first aid kit, and litter sticks for the purpose of litter removal. After your first clean-up, a sign with the name of each Adopt-A-Street group or individual will be posted at both ends of the adopted street section.
Current Adopt-A-Street Members:
- Adventist Campus Ministry
- Alachua County Libertarian Party
- Alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority
- Alpha Zeta
- Antonelli, Joseph
- Cpt. America
- Chi Epsilon
- Circle K - UF International
- Delta Delta Sigma
- Delta Epsilon Psi
- Delta Nu Zeta
- Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Eastside Leo Club
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha
- Florida Cicerones
- Florida Club Gymnastics
- Fo Sho Riders & Jewels
- Gamma Eta Sorority, Inc.
- Gator Wesley Foundation
- GHS Navy JROTC
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- HEAL (Health Educated Asian Leaders)
- HCM Neighbors
- HSASA SF College
- Human Rights Council Of N. Central Florida
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. (Gamma Omicron Chapter)
- J & B Autism Adventures
- Ja'Niyah Irving Youth Foundation
- Jewish Council of North Central Florida
- Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority & Pi Delta Psi Fraternity
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc
- Mr. Goodtree of Florida, Inc.
- Phi Sigma Rho
- Power Production Management, Inc
- Progressive Black Men, Inc.
- Rhine, Lenny & Helene
- Ridgeview Neighborhood Association
- Robinette, Mike & Dawn
- Shadow Health
- SISTUHS, Inc.
- Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity
- Sigma Chi Fraternity, Gamma Theta Chapter
- Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc
- Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Student Planning Association
- Tau Beta Pi, FL Alpha Chapter
- UF African Student Union
- UF Pre-Legal Honor Society
- Weight Loss Solutions
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
"Mitzvah Day" Jewish Council Gives Back - WCJB TV-20
If you would like to adopt a City street, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 352-393-7964 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in a short term community service project, please contact Keep Alachua County Beautiful at 352-371-9444 or visit www.KACB.org.
Last Updated 6/13/17