Paying Your Citation – General Information:
- Failure to respond within 7 (seven) calendar days of the date and time of the citation will result in additional costs as outlined below and may result in the immobilization or impoundment of the vehicle together with associated charges and expenses:
- Weekends & holidays are included in the 7 days.
- If the fine is not contested within 7 days, or paid within 30 days, late fees will be added.
- After 30 days, an additional $16.00 late fee will be added.
- When the payment is processed, records at the City of Gainesville and the Department of Motor Vehicles will be updated accordingly and the citations will be marked as paid.
- Payments for Booted or Towed vehicles must be paid in person by CASH ONLY.
- If your car was booted or towed or if your tag has a hold on it for unpaid citations, please click here.
- This service is for City of Gainesville issued parking citations only and does not apply to other City of Gainesville citations or for parking citations issued by the University of Florida or other law enforcement agencies.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Paying Your Citation Online:
- Pay online at https://gainesvillecitations.rmcpay.com/
- There is a time delay between the issuance of the citation and when it is uploaded for online payment. In most cases, citations are available for online payment on the next business day (Monday through Friday) at 8:30 am.
- Accepted online payment options are eChecks and major credit cards.
- Payment for boot releases, tow releases and tag holds due to unpaid citations may NOT be paid online. Any such payments will be cancelled and payment in person will be required as outlined below.
Paying Your Citation in Person:
- Pay in person at City Hall University Avenue, 1st floor, Billings & Collections
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays
- Payment may be made by cash, check, money order or credit card (Mastercard or VISA only)
- There is an after-hours drop box located near front entrance of City Hall (checks or money orders only)
Paying Your Citation by Mail:
- Payment by check or money order may be mailed
- PO Box 490, Station 45; Gainesville, FL 32627
Contest Your Citation:
- The City of Gainesville Code of Ordinances provides for waiving of the fee for the following reasons only:
- Malfunctioning meter;
- Valid and verifiable emergencies;
- Government employees on verified official business (when initially legally parked);
- City volunteers detained due to verified volunteer duties; and
- Error in issuance of citation when affidavit is properly filed.
- Forms and instructions are located in person at the Police Administration Building, 545 NW 8th Ave or online.
- Form must be submitted within 7 calendar days of issuance of the citation. The 7 day response period includes weekends and holidays. Failure to respond within 7 calendar days of the date of the citation will result in a waiver of your rights to file an affidavit of explanation contesting the violation, a waiver of your rights to request a judicial hearing and the assessment of late fees.
- Please call 352-334-5025, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays, and we will be happy to assist you.
Special Circumstances – Releases of Boots, Tows & Held Tags
- Payment for any of these releases that are made using the Online Portal will be cancelled due to a large number of returned items. The City of Gainesville is not responsible for the time it takes for the cancelled transaction to be credited to your account.
- Payment for Boot releases MUST be made within 24 hours of boot placement and must be made using CASH ONLY in person at Billings & Collections City Hall, 200 East University Avenue, 1st Floor on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays.
- Payment for Tow releases MUST be made using CASH ONLY in person at Billings & Collections City Hall, 200 East University Avenue, 1st Floor on Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Prior to paying the citation, request information from Parking Violations Office staff about how to get your vehicle released from the tow company.
- Payment to release a hold on your tag for unpaid citations must be made using wire transfer, CASH ONLY at Billings & Collections City Hall, 200 East University Avenue, 1st Floor on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays. If you would like to pay using wire transfer, please call 352-334-5025 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays and we will be happy to assist you.