The Code Enforcement Division's Vision: We are dedicated to partnering with our citizens to improve the livability, health and safety of our community.
Our Mission: Empowering our citizens to enhance our community through education, outreach and voluntary compliance with every interaction.
The Code Enforcement Division enforces:
- Housing and Commercial Building Codes (Chapter 13)
- Landlord License Codes (Chapter 14.5)
- Nuisance Codes (Chapter 16)
- Abandoned Vehicles on private property (Chapter 26)
- Land Development Code (Chapter 30)
- Graffiti (Chapter 13)
The City of Gainesville Code of Ordinances are maintained online via Municode.com