Special Recognition or Proclamation Request
- To request recognition of a special personal event (group or organization visiting Gainesville, birthday, reunion, special personal achievement), the Mayor may issue a congratulatory letter. For a welcome/congratulatory letter, please complete the request form and include the basic facts in "Describe the Event to be Acknowledged."
- For an event of general public interest or recognition of unique public service to the community, the Mayor, at his/her discretion, may elect to issue a Proclamation. Be certain names are correctly spelled and dates are accurate. Please allow a minimum of 45 days to complete the request.
- IMPORTANT: When you download a form from the web site, please name the document and save it to your local computer. Complete the information requested. Re-save the completed document, then e-mail it as an attachment to: email@example.com
- Proclamations are presented at 5:30 p.m. at the Regular Meetings of the City Commission, scheduled on the first (1st) and third (3rd) Thursdays of each month excluding holidays (see notice of meetings for details). The meetings are held in the City Commission Auditorium, First Floor, City Hall, 200 East University Avenue.
- It is the responsibility of the requestee to provide the basic language for the proclamation. The attached aid, Proclamation Writing 101, is provided for your assistance; the Clerk's Office may be able to offer additional suggestions. The Mayor reserves final editorial discretion. To provide the proposed wording, complete both pages in the proclamation draft set attached proclamation draft.
- If the Mayor's presence is requested at a function to make a presentation, the Mayor and/or designee’s availability must be confirmed with the Mayor's Office at (352) 334-5015, option 1, as far in advance as possible.
- Should you have additional questions regarding format, to schedule a function, presentation or discuss a special recognition letter, contact Shaneka Young at (352) 334-5015.
- Please direct comments or suggestions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.