The Gainesville City Commission is pleased to receive applications for consideration to the following boards/committees. Applications may be picked up and submitted in person or online, and must be received by 6PM Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
City Residency Required
- Board of Trustees of the Consolidated Police Officers’ and Firefighters’ Retirement Plan (1 opening)
- Gainesville/Alachua County Regional Airport authority (1 opening)
- Historic Preservation Board (5 openings, seeking a representative from one of the following areas: history; real estate, real property appraisal and/or finance; urban planning and/or law; engineering and/or building construction; or landscape architecture)
- SHIP Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (3 openings)
City Residency Not Required
- Citizens’ Advisory Committee for Community Development (7 openings)
- City Beautification Board (4 openings)
- Gainesville/Alachua County Cultural Affairs Board (4 openings)
- Gainesville Housing Authority (1 opening)
- Public Recreation and Parks Board (3 openings)
For information about any advisory board opening, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Commission in person (City Hall, 200 E. University Ave., first floor) or by telephone at 352-334-5015. Applications may be picked up and submitted in person or online.