The Gainesville City Commission is pleased to receive applications for consideration to the following Quasi Judicial and other Advisory Boards/Committees. Openings will be advertised on an on-going basis, and regularly updated.
- Utility Advisory Board (1 opening)
City Residency Required:
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Board (1 term expires on 12/31/2018)
- Development Review Board (1 partial term to serve through 11/1/2019 expiration)
City Residency Not Required:
- Citizens' Advisory Committee for Community Development (1 vacancy, 2 other terms expired on 11/1/2018)
- City Beautification Board (3 vacancies, 2 other terms expire on 11/1/2018)
- Gainesville Art in Public Places Trust (1 partial term to serve through 9/30/2020 expiration)
- Gainesville Cultural Affairs Board (2 partial terms to serve through 9/30/2019 expiration)
- Nature Centers Commission (1 partial term to serve through 11/1/2020 expiration, 2 other terms expired on 11/1/2018)
- Pension Review Committee (1 vacancy, 1 partial term to serve through 7/31/2020 expiration)
- Student Community Relations Advisory Board (1 administrative voting member and 2 non-voting, post-secondary administrators)
Student Seats, City Residency Required:
- Development Review Board (1)
- Regional Transit System (1)
Student Seats, City Residency Not Required:
- Fire Safety Board of Adjustment (1)
Applications must be received in the office of the Cleck of the Commission by 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30, 2018.
Information about each board/committee and its responsibilities is available online at http://www.cityofgainesville.org/ClerkOfTheCommission/AdvisoryBoardsCommittees.aspx. Interested applicants should pick up an application from the Office of the Clerk of the Commission (City Hall, 200 E. University Ave., first floor) or apply online at http://www.cityofgainesville.org/ClerkOfTheCommission/AdvisoryBoardsCommittees.aspx.