Commissioner Gigi Simmons
Term 1: May 2018 - May 2021
Gigi Simmons’s Gainesville roots go back more than 40 years, spanning over five generations. After earning a bachelor's degree in sociology from the University of South Florida, Gigi intentionally returned to the Porters neighborhood to live with her two sons in her childhood home. Gigi wants to use her education and passion to engage with her community and return it to a caring place built around family and good neighbors.
Some of Gigi’s accomplishments, recognitions and memberships include:
- Small business owner, Simmons Tax Services
- President of the Porters Community Neighborhood Association, 2011-2014
- Alumni of Gainesville Citizens Academy: 101
- Ray Massey Citizen Volunteer Award
- Heat Wave program organizer and basketball coach
- Gainesville Police Department "Neighborhood Hero"
- Business in Greater Gainesville Impact Award recipient
- Member of the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Spirit of Gainesville Award nominee
- ELKS Community Recognition Award
- KTK Inspire Woman Award
- Emerging Leaders Scholarship Award
Committees: Commissioner Simmons currently serves on the Library Governing Board and the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council.
Request an appointment with Commissioner Simmons