Submit your audit ideas here
Office of the City Auditor
The City of Gainesville Office of the City Auditor was established as a Charter Office in November 1979 to provide independent and objective auditing services that serve the public good and uphold the principles of good governance: (1) accountability for funds collected from the public and (2) efficiency, effectiveness, and equity in the delivery of public goods and services.
Internal auditing is the cornerstone of public sector governance by providing independent and objective services to help the City achieve intended results, accountability and integrity, improve operations, and instill confidence among neighbors and stakeholders
To promote honest, efficient, effective, transparent and fully accountable government.
To conduct our work with an attitude that is independent and objective both in fact and in appearance while upholding the highest ethical standards.
- Periodically assess organizational risks that inform a risk-based audit plan.
- Support management’s progress in strengthening risk management processes, including cybersecurity and fraud risk management.
- Add value and advance accountability through assurance and advisory services.
- Conduct quality occupational fraud investigations.
- Comply with internal auditing professional standards.
- Support personal and professional staff development.