How can I request a public record?

Public records requests can be made at any city department. If you know which department is the custodian of the record, it will be more expeditious to make the request with that department directly. If you do not know which department is the custodian, please contact the City Manager’s Office (352-334-5010) or the Clerk of the Commission (352-334-5016) for assistance.

There are many ways that you can make a public records request, including:

  • In person (verbally or in writing)
  • Email
  • Telephone call
  • In writing via mail service (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)

You have the right to remain anonymous, but please be aware that staff may ask for your name and/or contact information in order to follow up with you later.