Here are some helpful hints to expedite response times and avoid costs:
1) Avoid overly broad requests - be specific
a) e.g. instead of “all emails regarding the homeless,” ask for “all emails regarding feeding the homeless.”
2) Provide date parameters when requesting emails and correspondence
a) instead of “all emails regarding to the homeless,” ask for “emails regarding cold night shelter for the homeless from the past 3 months.”
3) If your request has several parts, break it into more than one request.
4) Contact the department most likely to have possession of the record.
5) Contact the Gainesville Police Department records division for accident reports, arrest reports and other police related records.
6) Contact Human Resources for employment related records.
7) A lot of information is already available on the this website, please use the “search” bar to help you find the information you are looking for.