ePlan Review is the City of Gainesville’s digital development review solution. This software solution allows developers to electronically submit and monitor development projects as they go through the city’s review for utility, building, zoning, and planning compliance. ePlan Review allows city departments and other agencies to review projects simultaneously, which helps to resolve conflicting reviewer commentary and reduce review time, all the while ensuring an efficient and transparent review process overall.
- Reduces travel time to the Thomas Center and GRU
- Allows plan uploads from anywhere, anytime
- Improves turnaround times and accuracy with collaborative reviewing
- Reduces paper, printing, fuel, storage, and disposal costs
- Conserves resources by saving trees, reducing water usage and waste, and lowering emissions
- A permit application is submitted to the Department of Doing via Citizen Access, Email (Building Permits: email@example.com, Planning Petitions: firstname.lastname@example.org), fax, mail, or in person, including the applicable permit fees and a valid email address.
- The applicant will receive an email inviting them to upload their plans and documents. Drawings, site plans, or construction plans should be uploaded into the "drawings" folder as individual (.pdf) files for each sheet or image. Documents should be uploaded in the "documents" folder as multi-page (.pdf) files.
- Construction plans and documents prepared by an engineer or architect will require an electronic seal and digital signature in compliance with the Florida Administrative Code.
- The Department of Doing will review materials within 24 hours and notify the applicant of any submittal requirements still outstanding.
- A Plans Examiner or Planner will be assigned to your project and will coordinate the review process, provide comments, and issue any final approvals.
- With the approval and/or issuance of the permit, the applicant will be notified that the approved plans and documents are available for download. Building permit materials will be required to print in color and have available for inspectors on the job site.
- Any revisions to drawings or documents will be submitted and reviewed in the same manner.
ePlan Review Checklists