Inspections are the quality assurance part of the customer service we provide to our community. A passed inspection means that an inspector, certified by the State of Florida, has checked the work of the licensed contractor or "owner builder" and determined that the work performed complies with the codes in effect at the time of the inspection.
- Inspections may be called in Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00pm for next day inspections. You can also schedule inspections online through Citizen’s access https://egov.cityofgainesville.org/citizenaccess/
- If calling please have this information ready: Permit Number, Address, Inspection Type, Company Name & Contact Phone Number.
- Inspections are performed between 8:00 and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- If you need an after-hours inspection, you will need to give us a call to request one. An after-hours inspection fee will need to be paid for before we can schedule the inspection.
- Inspection requests made by contractors through the Citizen Access Portal will be scheduled for the date requested. If scheduling next day inspections through Citizen access, the inspection must be entered in before 4:00pm.
- If you would like to check on the status of a permit or inspection, please check out our Public Permit Access